Episode 3 - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Our Own Field Chef Recap From Chef TrishDishes
Good - The quickfire was AWESOME! I actually have the Top Chef cookbook and was excited about that but then to throw the soup curveball on top of it - great! And Daniel's soup looked really good - thought maybe he should have had it.
- Eugene's spot on pork and his makeshift grill! Way to think on the spot dude!
- Fabio's reaction to the quickfire curveball - "SOUP" with a deadpan face. Classic!
- Arianne's turkey. And I also think I really would have enjoyed Carla's dessert - good job all!
Bad - Jeff's spoonbread stuffing looked dry - even on TV! Props for working your butt off though buddy!
- Arianne doesn't know what a "cougar" is? Did she miss the reality show with tennis star Mark Philippoussis??? LOL
- The little scuffle between Daniel and Jamie over the peanut butter. I see this moving to the "Ugly" category if those 2 stay around any longer (although Jamie - how about something other than a salad or a soup girl?)
- Leah choses Hosea second on her team....hmmmm!
- "Maybe it's that time of the month?" Daniel?? Really!!!! (btw: Don't guys know that we get moody BEFORE that time of the month not during??? LOL)
Ugly - The weather - UGH! Typical for Upstate New York though!
- You could just tell that the smores weren't gonna work! Sorry Richard!
- Party underwear??? Well....forget it - let's not even go there Daniel!
- The winners go to the concert while the losers listen to it as they clean up (was it really that close? You could kind of hear the concert in the background.)
- I just went to Wikipedia and searched Grant Achatz. The picture that they show does not even look like the same person we saw on TV. According to the article he is now "cancer-free" and I hope he continues to fight and get healthier!